A bunch of enhancements for Facebook
- No difficult configuration needed
- Highly customizable
- Easy to use
- Makes Facebook more enjoyable
- You need to install Greasemonkey
- The image thumbnails can be a bit annoying
Facebook is already quite addictive, but you can still make the whole Facebook experience even better with FFixer.
FFixer is a Greasemonkey script that enhances Facebook with lots of new features. The new functionality added by FFixer make Facebook easier to browse and more enjoyable, while keeping the website's original tools intact.
You can fully configure the script's options and adapt it to your needs by opening the Account menu on your Facebook profile and selecting Configure FFixer. There are so many little new details added by FFixer that if we had to list them all here we would never finish the review. However we’ll mention a few of them.
FFixer lets you, for example, customize the Facebook home by hiding or showing specific modules; browse your contact's photo albums more comfortably, thanks to enlarged thumbnails and full-screen photos; bookmark selected pages, profiles or photo albums; see your contact’s age and sign; browse Facebook with keyboard shortcuts; and much, much more.
Using FFixer is really easy and doesn’t require any configuration. Simply download the script (make sure you have Greasemonkey already installed) and next time you launch Facebook, it’ll be right there.
With FFixer you can easily enhance Facebook with a bunch of new features.
- Added an option to show names in the chat section of the home page's left column Added an option on the advanced tab to hide all "ego" sections. This should hide pretty much all recommendations from Facebook with a single click, including: the 'requests and 'featured' sections of the home page; photo memories; people you may know. This overrides any other settings you have for hiding stuff Added an option to hide "hovercards" (the popup that appears when you keep the mouse over somebody's name for a second or two) Added ability to "show big pictures" on "photo_search" pages and on Facebook's new "media/set" pages. Added ability to apply custom CSS (advanced tab of the config screen) Added ability to apply custom feed modifications (advanced tab of the config screen) Improved ability to block "group" stories Improved ability to block "places" stories Improved ability to block "application" stories Popup pictures no longer appear for images that are being tagged (but there is an option to re-enable this if you want it) Fixed ability to hide the chat section of the home page's left-hand column after a Facebook change broke it (thanks to Dink)